It took me over two month to complete my Clementine Shawlette from Interweave Knit Spring. The reason it slow me down is the shawl is knitted in two separate pieces. I always find that doing two identical piece is very boring..even for sleeve. After I finish the first piece, the second piece have been sitting in the drawer until last week. I don't have much problem with this pattern until I have to seam two individual panel together..which the nightmare begin.. I try to seam it as the way it suggested but it turn out quite horrible, you can see two purl row like it split open. So I trying to be clever using three needle bind-off which result with a very visible line at the back. At the end I decide to give it one more try on the seaming it suggest by taking off last purl row on the first panel and it turn out much better. The shawl is done exactly as the pattern except I have shorten it by doing less repeats by knowing the shawl will stretch to the right size after the block, but somehow it still came out too long. Before I took this picture, I did re-wash it without blocking..but is hardly can see the lace pattern.
Pattern: Clementine Shawlette - Interweave Spring 2007
Yarn : Rowan Yorkshire Tweed DK
Yardage: 2 skein ( about 430 yards)
Needle : 5.5mm